The Learning Team oversees many learning opportunities at First Presbyterian Church. The mission of the Learning Team is to nurture faith development and growth through educational opportunities for all ages with a desire to aid in making of disciples.
Each year the Scholarship Committee is blessed to be able to award scholarships to our youth. The Scholarships are made available by generous donations to students who are members of this church, have demonstrated a commitment of the church, have completed high school and will be enrolled in an accredited secondary educational institution. Graduating seniors and returning students are encouraged to apply. The church is very thankful to families supporting the Memorial Scholarships.
General Guidelines for all Scholarships:
- Recipient must be a member of this church.
- Recipient must have demonstrated a commitment to the church. This commitment has been defined as meeting the following criteria in the past calendar year:
- church worship attendance a minimum of twice in the past calendar year
- nurturing your faith development in an activity of the Serving, Loving or Learning Teams (educational opportunities, mission activities, virtual worship participation, virtual coffee hour, bingo, etc.) at least twice in the past calendar year. Questions about participation can be directed to Mrs. Zander @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recipient is enrolled in an accredited college or university.
The application form is available online and should be filled out and submitted electronically by May 1, 2022. Interviews with all applicants may be scheduled to complete the process.
Family and Youth Camp Opportunities
Do you want to go to summer camp?
Daycholah (formally Pilgrim Center in Green Lake) and Moon Beach (St. Germain) are two great camps that are ideal choices for people of all ages. Each week campers gather to share, play, relax and discuss not to mention, swimming, canoeing, crafting and making new friends.
Here’s what to do if you want to register for camp. Look at the brochure outside the church office. Information and registration forms are also available on the United Church Camps, Inc. website www.ucci.org. Fill out the registration form and mail it immediately to the proper address with your deposit.
If you wish to apply for financial aid, please fill out the Presbytery Campership Application (available in the church office or on Presbytery website http://winnebagopresbytery.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Camp-Scholarship-Application.pdf ) leaving the “amount your church can pay” line blank and give to Jennifer as soon as possible no later than April 12th. The Presbytery may provide approximately one quarter of the cost and our church’s contribution will be determined based on the number of applicants.