Join us on this Advent journey in one of the following ways:
- Self-guided: Read through each daily devotional and answer the related reflection questions during your personal quiet time.
- Join a group to discuss the reflection each week’s scriptures and read the devotionals throughout the week.
- Contact the church office to purchase a devotional.
- Sunday mornings 10-11am Nov 28, Dec 12, Dec 19
- Wednesday mornings 10:30-11:30am Dec 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Jan 5
- Sunday Dec 5 11:15am-noon
- Sunday Dec 26 10:30am-11:30am
- Sunday Jan 2 11:15am-noon
- Tuesday evenings 7-8pm Nov 30, Dec 7, 14, 21, 28, Jan 4
Contact the Church Office for a Zoom link or to purchase a book.
At Christmas, God came into our ordinary world in the form of a child, and still today, God is at work through the ordinary stuff of life, if we train our eyes to see. The book, Advent in Plain Sight, draws readers’ attention to ten ordinary objects that appear in the biblical narratives of messianic prophesy and incarnation. Through focusing on these objects, we can see the near kingdom of heaven on earth and ponder what that divine proximity enables and asks us to do and be.
This year our church will use the seasons of Advent, Christmas, and Epiphany to facilitate conversation and connection to each other and the meaning of this time in the church year. The goal of this group study will be to focus on spiritual lessons and recognize how the seemingly ordinary can reveal the extraordinary presence of God in our lives.